The 社会正义 and 股权投资中心 (SJEC) is a student-driven space inside the Student Center (建筑 3400 on the 海边的校园), where students can research, work, and organize around issues related to social justice and/or equity.
A space for students to engage the greater community in order to advocate for access to and success within higher education while promoting a more understanding and welcoming campus culture for socially marginalized groups and peoples, with the ultimate objective of creating social justice and equity in our communities.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Students will have an increased understanding of multiple and intersecting dimensions of identity and inequity through the study of social justice and equity topics on the historical, cultural, political, and/or social experiences of marginalized communities.
- Students will have an increased knowledge of causes and impact of privilege, power, and oppression and cultivate tools for overcoming conflict and promoting equality.
- Students will be more capable to recognize and critique local, national, or global conditions that enable, perpetuate and/or challenge social injustice and inequity.
- Remember that this is a space for learning and growing. Be patient with yourself and 其他人.
- Speak from your own experience to support your ideas and avoid speaking for 其他人 或推广.
- Please pay attention to your “airtime” – how much you have spoken in relation to 其他人.
- Don’t put down or judge the ideas of another person you may disagree with. 鉴于交替
follow-up questions to help clarify.
- Above all, treat everyone in this space with respect and dignity.
关注我们 on 社交媒体
Want to Support Our Work?
Student Services Coordinator
The 社会正义 and 股权投资中心 (SJEC) is a service of the Department of Student 股本. For general inquiries about all 学生权益 programs and services, please contact 我们在 email@example.com or call our main office at 760.757.2121 x6900.